Wednesday, September 30, 2009

no noise

So yesterday I lost my voice. Pretty bad too. I could talk raspily, couldn't sing, and it hurt to swallow. It was a mess. So today I put myself on total personal vocal rest until about from 8:00-2:30. And it just so happened that today was coop. So it was interesting. For French I just listened but for other classes I had to write stuff down. It was kinda cool actually, but it is soooo hard for me not to talk for more than 5 minutes. So I really struggled. My voice still hurts now, but you know. It's a whole heck of a lot better.

OH YA!! yesterday and the day before was Allie's birthday party! It was fabulous. I had a ton of fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY! Again. teehee. I have had two sleepovers in the past few days. So fun! :D

PFO retreat weekend was nothing short of FABULOUS! So much work being a secretary, but not as much as the teen exec or chairs. So I'm good. And I can finally announce to the public that I am priviledged to be secretary of the fabulous SILENT AUCTION COMMITTEE! Now this is where stuff gets interesting. If you guys or anyone you know, would be interested in donating some high value items, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!! I mean ni ce stuff though. Not the junk you find in your closet that has been handed down twenty times. You will be such a help to PFO, and to the kids that we're working with.

Yesterday was my first CTC class of the year and it's going to be great. SUPER intensive though. I don't know how I'm going to juggle all the things in my life this year. I'm so busy, but I love it. Tomorrow was going to be voice, but I think we're cancelling since my voice still isn't in the prettiest shape. We'll see.

OH YEAH! And we're doing Halloween this year, and I know what I'm being! A FLAPPER!! All ready got the dress. It's going to be soooo fab!

So, I think that it's completely appropriate that I close with the new PFO cheer for my song! It's sort of a copying cheer. Hence the parenthesis! :D

"I said a-PFO! (I said a-PFO!)
I said a-PFO! (I said a-PFO)
I said a-chilling with our buddies and a-making love grow! (I said a-chilling with our buddies and a-making love grow!)
Uh-huh! (Uh-huh!)
Make that change! (Make that change!)
I said a-PFO! (I said a-PFO)
I said a-PFO (I said a-PFO!)
I said a-working on committees, on a journey we'll go! (I said a-working on committees, on a journey we'll go!)
OOOOOOOH!!!
Make that change, PFO! Make that change, PFO! Make that change, PFO! Make that change, PFO!!! WOOOO!"
~2009-10 PFO cheer

4 comments:

Christelle said...

sounds like your week has been incredible.
ouch! i've never lost my voice, but i can't not say anything for a long time. =)
wow, that cheer is so awesome! and your flapper dress is so fab!

♥ ya!

Unknown said...

regarding the cheer: the first "uh huh" and "oh yeah" ...that's wrong. It's "uh huh!" and "make that change" and then the second isn't "uh huh oh yeah" either its... "OOOOOOOOOOOH!" haha. ♥

Abby said...

Whatever Becca, way to ruin it! :D I loooove you!

Oh, it was sooo incredible, Christelle. And ya...ouch! Everything is just screaming AWESOME! :D Even though I can't! :D

Amber Benton said...

Abby,

Great to 'hear' from you today! I didn't realize you were taking so many classes! You are a busy girl :)

Take care - I'll see you next week.

Mrs. Amber